• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Office XP Pro. Licensing Questions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jlepri

I have purchased windows Office XP Professional for my home system and recently purchased a second PC for my son. Does anyone know if the licensing for the software will permit me to install office on a second computer? If not, can you purchase additional licenses? Thanks.

Only on a second Laptop as far as I know,

it can not be installed on 2 Desktops, but is permitted to be installed on a Laptop and a Desktop that are owned by the same user

Ok that is really goofy. How can they justify that you are aloud to do a second install on a laptop but not a desk top. I don’t see the logic - What’s the difference!

What if I had a laptop that I didn’t cart all over the place and used it primarily as a desk top system – how is that any different (I would still be allowed to do a second install). Ahhhh! - Microsoft is strange.

I'll admit that I haven't read the user agreement in its entirety, but it sounds like what deRusett is saying is just flat out wrong. From looking here it looks like you are only allowed to install the software on ONE computer (i.e. desktop, laptop, tablet).

Taken from that link listed above:

Installation and Use. If You licensed the Software from Your hardware manufacturer, You may install and use one (1) copy of the Software. If You licensed the Software from Microsoft, You may install and use an unlimited number of copies of the Software.

Back