• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Of The Best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutS|der

k i wanna water cool my syetem and all i know bout water cooling is i need a water block 4 my processor, mobo, and vid card and need a water pump, a radatior and i guess a tank to hold the water........whats the best water block out there.......whats the best pump........whats the best radatior........or if ya cant get me that whats the most expensive

I do not recommend water cooling the northbridge as i have done it in the past and saw no diffirence in overclocking. The only thing it did was add more heat to my water cooling loop. For the cpu I would recommend a danger den rbx as it has some of the best cooling around right now. For the rad i would use the biggest heater core you can fit in your case or if you want one that you
don't have to mod to look good i would use a black ice extreme. Many people at this forum knock bixs over heater cores but i have used both in the same system and saw little over 2 degress celsius change. Which is a big differnce in temps but for ease of installation and use you cant beat the black ice extreme. Dont forget to get a shroud for your rad. For a pump you cant go wrong with either a mcp600 or a hydor l30. For the graphix card i would use a swiftech mcw50 water block. They have low resistance and work extremely well for water cooling. Then i would reccomend for your first water cooling experience to use a bay reseivor. They offer a very easy way to fill and bleed your water cooling system. I have been using them for years and have never had one leak.

1.danger den rbx (get the extra nozzles!)
2.black ice extreme, heater core, or a procore from dtek.
3. hydor l30 or a mcp600
4. bay res form frozencpu or dangerden
5.mcw50 from swiftech
6. clearflex or tygon 1/2 id about 10-12 feet
7.shroud for your rad
8. antifreeze with a 10% to 90% ratio to distilled water

As a begginer i would reccomend just water cooling your cpu then expand as you become more comfortable with water cooling. Also the more hose you have in your case then less airflow you have and the case will get hotter and look messy.

Good luck;)

jkb2198 said:
I do not recommend water cooling the northbridge as i have done it in the past and saw no diffirence in overclocking. The only thing it did was add more heat to my water cooling loop.

thats not always true.
It depends on your motherboard/chipset. Some chipsets heat up when overclockign, and some don't. I was able to increase my fsb 34mhz (450mhz overclock) when i watercooled my NF2 motherboard.
I don't know about intel chipset, but i've see quite some improvement in overclocking/stabilty thx to NB watercooling or extreme cooling. As for heat issues, a northbridge should put less heat then ur pump (>15watts) would which is close to insignificiant. if it does hurt preformance (NOTICIBLE decrease), its probably due to bad routing.

OutS|der said:
k i wanna water cool my syetem and all i know bout water cooling is i need a water block 4 my processor, mobo, and vid card and need a water pump, a radatior and i guess a tank to hold the water........whats the best water block out there.......whats the best pump........whats the best radatior........or if ya cant get me that whats the most expensive

Hell... if all you are concerned about is buying the most expensive...

I'll sell you my whole setup for 10 grand. As far as name-brand components go, it's about as good as you can get =p. Niks and Uberblue have other systems that are almost as good. I say "almost" because they built theirs with less... pinache... chutzpah... dare I say, love?

Otherwise...

The 'best' would be probably like...
Buy a used Cascade or wait for Cathar to hire a nanny...
Buy a new MD Iwaki... 20 or 30 rzt pump.
Buy a new SilverProp Fusion GPU block
Buy a new Thermochill HE120.3 radiator.
Buy a bunch of Tygon tubing...
Grab a couple(6) Papst 120mm fans for your rad.

Aaaaand... you are good to go ^_^.

Best?

Cascade SS edition (good luck, if you can find one it'll run 250-300 I'd geuss.
Iwaki md30rzt or one of those little giant pumps ($200)
silverprop fusion gpu block (60?)
Dual caprice heatercores shrouded and ran in parrallel $40
Dangerden Z-chip chipset block $35
Some tygon tubing maybe 20' $50
you'll need 8 120mm 190cfm delta's for max performance. they are $36 a peice.

If you have space, think about running your CPU and your GPU/NB in two seperate (two pumps) loops.

For radiator, a single pass heater core that can fit two 120mm fans would be more then most likely needed (to make a noticable differance).

RBX actually comes in in 3rd place (http://www.procooling.com/reviews/h...on-_rbx_whi.php),
but what you reccomend would be a great place to start

At high GPM, the RBX began to overcome the Whitewater. And which nozzel was used for the recorded results?

For pump, you would want something that had a high head-rating and put off minimum heat. If your spending alot ($150-ish) for a pump, you may consider two Swiftech MCP600 pumps if you go with two seperate loops.

sandman001 said:
Best?

Cascade SS edition (good luck, if you can find one it'll run 250-300 I'd geuss.
Iwaki md30rzt or one of those little giant pumps ($200)
silverprop fusion gpu block (60?)
Dual caprice heatercores shrouded and ran in parrallel $40
Dangerden Z-chip chipset block $35
Some tygon tubing maybe 20' $50
you'll need 8 120mm 190cfm delta's for max performance. they are $36 a peice.

You just quoted from my sig you plagiarist!

If I had to pick, I'd pick Cathar's silver cascade on a big core home-made, if you are talking straight water... OK and that's my dream block going slightly aggressive with a home made chiller.

k heres what i figure is good so far
Best Pump: Eheim 1250 Pump (317GPH) or Iwaki MD20RZT
does it make much diff installing it if it aint made for a pc?
JR-120 Hi Performance Radiator
White Water Waterblock: P-4 (478) or danger den rbx Water Block
and no idea on a vga water block
can i improve on anything
and what temp diff do i really get if i cool the nb?
wouldnt it be better to get Swiftech MCX159P since its under 20dba wouldnt even hear it

Back