• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good target GPH?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

T'wolves

I'm looking to upgrade my water cooling system, right now one cpu block with a peltier and a heater with 2 120mm fans, and a pump rated about 130-140gph. I'm going to add a gpu and chipset block and mostly likely another sinlge fan heater core help with any addtional heat, seeing as how my current system is very warm the way it is. So my question is to anyone running a system with three water blocks. What is the gph rating of your pump(s)? Or is the something else I should look for in a pump? Any suggestions or comments that would help me put together a final design would be great. All three blocks are or going to be homemade, so they will provide a little more resistance than commercial blocks I'm assuming. Thanks everyone.

When using more than one block i would be more worried about "head" then "gph". I would recommend using a mcp600 cause it has good head and works really well in a restrictive enviroment. If you dont want to pay that much for a pump than i would recommend a hydor l30. The hydor pumps more gallons per hour than the mcp600 but also adds more heat to the loop than the mcp 600. Also like i said before the mcp600 works better in flow restricted enviroments than the hydor l30.

Good luck;)

Mag 3. 0.6C worse than a MCP 600 with just a WW, and that difference will decrease with more blocks and more heat.

Back