• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program to record voice + instrumental mp3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bRiCe

My firend lieks to flow and he mixes up a lot of instrumentals and stuff and he is really good and stuff.... but he has a problem... he cant record his voice on the program taht he uses to screw up music. He wants a program taht he can make an mp3 play on and record and record his voice with it so taht he has a single mp3 with the music and his voice on it. ANy suggestions (plz dont say to play the music in the background and record both together or something :) )

...Wouldn't his software have the capability to merge two files? If so, he could just use any old program to record his voice (right down to good old sndrec32.exe) and then merge it in.

If it can't merge, I'd have to think pretty hard. Most programs won't let you read and write simultanously to a file, and that's what would have to be done (or writing to a temp file and then merging later one)

JigPu

hmmm i gave my friend the Warren G comments.... hopefully one of those will work

i just got the pro version of cooledit 2.0 and everything..... and now we're kinda hving problems getting it to do what we want. We can get it to record and everything, but not with the music playing and then merge them together into a single mp3/wav or somehitng. If anyone knows how to use cooledit and would like to hook me up wiht a little tutorial.... that would be badass

nvm we got a kid from our school who does the same stuff to teach us over the phone how to do what we wanted with it..... its badass

Back