• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor L30 not pumping...??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jhatfie

So I woke up the other morning and fired up the computer. Noticed that the temps were instantly in the 50C range thanks to MBM which is way above normal. Did not hear my typical light tinkling sound coming from my Hydor L30 and turned off the computer.

Opened it up and used the bleed feature on my criticool powerplant II and noticed that my pump was producing no flow at all, but had a light hum coming from it. So I thought my pump might have gone bad after only a month of use.

Pulled everything out and opened up the Hydor and pulled the impeller. Everything looked okay to me. Put it back together and fired it back up and now it works. Same thing last night, turned on the computer and the pump was not pumping. Gave it a whack hopeing it might trigger the impeller to start, but no such luck. Pulled it apart ands reassembled and once again it is fine. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any fix for this other than leaving my pump on 24/7.

Also, I left the pump going all night, but noticed that it runs fairly warm, is this normal? It heated the water a fair bit, but in it's defense the radiator fan was not going because the computer was off.

It is perfectly normal for the pump to heat up during operation and it does heat the water a bit. Sounds like impeller may be getting stuck on the shaft somehow. You could try sanding the shaft VERY lightly and see if that improves the situation.

Back