• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the highest you seen a XP3000 and 3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

extremecorvette

Disabled
Which do you think is better for OCing?? I have the Barton XP3000 and I'm thinking of upgrading to the XP3200 Barton. I was just wondering which have people been OCing higher with just water. Thanks

I really want to go to the FX-51 but it's a socket 940 and it looks like the NEW FX's will have a socket 939 Link . I can wait a year for it. I was looking at the cost and with the new motherboard, CPU, and memory I would have to spend around $800 more.

oh, you have to take the entries in that data base with a grain of salt, since there is no way to verify any of them. Most of the entries which seem too good to be true, are.

Ive heard the 2600mobiles can actually outperform a 3000 or 3200 when overclocked.

one guy said the 2600 is just cherry picked 3200s underclocked and set to run on less voltage. donno if thats true. but the 2600mobiles do ruitinely seem to hit 26-2700mhz which I dont know that the 3200's can even do.

Extreme,

I have a Barton 3200. had it up to 223X11.5 2564 mhz. It was only unstable when I tired folding with it. I have to back it down to 205X12. I could probably go higher with it, but I want to see how I fold with it first. Also it is not that great of and Overclocker. I have to feed the 2.1 volts to the cpu core while it was running 2564 mhz. If I were you I would stick with your 3000 Barton, and save your money for hte new FX-51!!

i know some guys here in japan that do LN cooling so i dont count those but i have seen phase change
2 loops 1 being for the water cooling and first phase pumps cooling and the second for the cpu cooling. the water was just for nb sb mosfets and vid card . tht system was i think 2900 on a 3200 barton . was ugly as sin too .

My 1700+ would do 2.6Ghz on an slk-900 and a tornado. Wasn't stable, but I could run some benches.

Cyrix_2k said:
My 2000+ does 2.6ghz (as in 2600mhz, not PR) on dead silent water... (No i'm not using ice to achieve it)

Wow!! My Athlon XP T-bred 2000+ AIUCB couldn't even get 2.1 ghz stabily!!! Even at 1.90V!!! The best I could do stabily was 2.048 ghz. :bang head

My highest XP-M 2600+ overclock. Room temperature radiator-based water-cooling (no chillers, no windows open on cold nights, etc). Heatsinks on mosfets (Abit NF7-S Rev 2.0), with a blower-style fan cooling the mosfet heatsinks.

3007.gif

i have a xp3200 and i can push it to 2.6 but the temps that i am pulling is under 60c. right now i have it at 2.424 under 50c. I dont know if running it at under 60c is okay though.

Back