• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kr7a133-r help o/cing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Hi everyone its my first time here and id like to say this site is great soo much good info from all u nice people that i've read so far.
Ok my prob is this i have a kr7a133-r mobo with a 1900+ palomino @ 145 fsb curently 1740 mhz with 256 mb of crucial ram @ cl2 from 2.5 ati 9600 xt @550/340 a creative 5.1 live sound card and 1 network card... now ive seen some people get some sick fsb speeds with this mobo so im wondering what im doing wrong ive tried uping the cpu vcore and ddr vcore but still anything over 145 just wont run well i got a swiftech mcx 462 with a delta fan 80x80x32 5100 rpms and i get 43 degrees on load temps so i dont thinkits a heat problem. Now if anyone know what else i can try please feel free to help me out :)

Now the second ? is i dont have alot of money to spend on a mobo ram and cpu all at once so i was thinking on just getting a cheap cpu to start off with and working my way up from there i wanted to know if this cpu would be a good o/c'er Model # AXDA1800DLT3C
Stepping Code : JIUHB:0350 VPWM and if it would be worth getting with this mobo if i can get it running like at least to 2 gighz
thanks for everyones time :)
babou :)

Its me again i was also wondering if i can use pc2700 ram or pc3200 on this board? kr7a133-r

That 1800+ is a great chip, mine did 2500 mhz in both my Kd7 and my Nf7-s board so it would be a great choice, the multiplier will most likely be locked however it will be able to hit a higher Fsb than that pally you have, also on the second question you can run pc2700 no problem as that's what I ran, pc3200 should also run without a hitch as I ran Pc3000 in mine also.

-Milkman

And also Welcome to the forums

Last edited:
Welcome To The Forums!!!!!

.....and to the addiction:eek:

You mentioned in your PM that you were waiting for an unlocking kit. To get the really high FSB you will need to drop the Multiplier. Right now you ware probably limited by your CPU's maximum clockspeed potential.

The higher the rated ram the better 99% of the time, at least you know that your not limited by the memory.

thanks for your replys guys im glad to hear its not the mem hope the unlocking goes well when i get the kit next week :)

hi shumi fan i got the kit today and unlocked it im at 11x159 right now stable :) 150 mhz increase not too bad :) cant get it past that without erros u think i can get it higher with better ram or my cpu is maxed out at that speed?

spydeymon said:
Its me again i was also wondering if i can use pc2700 ram or pc3200 on this board? kr7a133-r

Yep. All DDR is really the same. The speeds are what it is rated to do and is guranteed. So the faster the better.

If your ram is having errors at past 150MHz at CAS2.5 then it is whats holding you back. You can try more VMem to get more FSB but I think our near the limit of you memory.

Back