• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK.... I need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moe19

Registered
I have an A7N8X Deluxe. I got my 2400+ Mobile installed and it detects at 600 MHz. I get unknown CPU type. I assume this is just cuz it is unlocked or is it because my board doesn't detect the Mobile Barton processor? When I set it to 200 MHz FSB and 10X multiplier and exit the BIOS I lose video. Shouldn't that just bump it to a 2 GHz? Turn the system off and back on and it forces me back into the BIOS. I have the 1005 BIOS that came installed on it. I see talk of an uber 1007 BIOS. What is an uber BIOS? Is this just the latest BIOS from Asus? I downloaded 1007 from their website but I am waiting to flash it. Is this the correct one? I am new to the overclocking thing so any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
10/10.5 multipliers can sometimes refuse to work on nforce2 platforms. Try 166x12 for 2GHz and see if it boots.

Also what revision is your motherboard? It will be in the format "PCB version x.xx" next to the motherboard name between the PCI slots.

That must have been it. I am running at 2000 MHz. One more question for you. When it reports 2000 MHz is that the marketing 2000+ or is that the actual MHz. I think the 2400+ is a 1.8 GHz. Thanks again.

2400+ is 133x15, 2.0GHz, the last chip to have a 133FSB in desktop editions. I think mobile chips still keep the 133FSB up to 2600 because the mobile chipsets aren't that fast. You are running at the default speed but with a higher FSB.

Are you seeing the speed in the BIOS POST report? If so then it will either say MHz or a performance rating - it will recognize ordinary chips by their multiplier and FSB setting, so if you put a 2800 Tbred in and ran it at 15x133 it would say XP2400, but at 12x166 the BIOS goes huh? and simply quotes the MHz.

An XP2000 chip is 1.67GHz, 12.5x133 :)

Welcome to the forums!

I am at 11 x 200 with 1.6 vcore and it reports as 2.21 GHz and unknown CPU in windows. The BIOS says the 2200 MHz. Now, if this runs stable (it seems to be) should I start pushing the multiplier up until it becomes unstable and then move the vcore up? My revision of the board is 2.00. My CPU is running at 33 C. That is pretty cool isn't it. The 120mm, and 80mm heatsink fans I stole from work are really loud. The Antec one that came with the Antec case is super quiet. Should I flash to the 1007 I downloaded from Asus?

Back