• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

another "WTF!" dual-channel not working

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathAngelLST

It just won't work on dual-channel. I tried all DIMM's, switching ram modules one at a time, every frigging option i could think of, and nothing! It says "checksum bios error bla bla keyboard bla bla", but it's working flawless on single-channel. Rig in my sig...

What BIOS are you using?
Try Tictac's Alpha Turbo

It says "checksum bios error bla bla keyboard bla bla", but it's working flawless on single-channel

If you get a checksum error, something is seriously wrong. If I were you I would immediatly flash to a different BIOS.

If you get a checksum error ur BIOS are on the verge of corrupting. Do not delay! Flash to a BIOS set pronto.

If this dosnt work you may need to RMA the board. There could be something seriously wrong with it.

I personally have never seen that error b4.

Uh, I get that error pretty often when Im playing with settings and whatnot in bios. To get rid of it, I just enter bios, make sure everything is set correctly, and restart. After doing that the message is gone and I can boot fine. I dont think its anything to flip out about as Sentential is saying...

Well, i solved the problem. Here's the sad history:

The first 512MB stick from GeiL, the specs were 2-3-3-6. So i bought a second stick to make it 1GB, and for my surprise it says 2.5-3-3-6. I thought "ok but it should still run at CAS 2", and throw it in for dual-channel. I was like "WTF!" when i got that error. I started searching on forums, and found out GeiL had really done it: new sticks are rated CAS 2.5 :mad: I've read a lot of people couldn't get it to boot even with 2.9V, then i realized i made a mistake buying this POS. Switched to CAS 2.5 and now it works on dual-channel.
God damn F-ers, i'll never buy RAM from those ****s ever again.

Back