• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my friends a7n8x-x and xp1600 wont oc.. or uc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

my friend has an asus a7n8x-x, and i went over to his house to try and overclock it, the problem is that it wont overclock, or underclock for that matter, i set its multiplier to 9.5 and it wouldnt boot (stock is 10.5). the nforce 2 boards unlock all amd multipliers riiight? or does he need a tbred.
also it wouldnt boot at 166fsb and 10.5 with 1.8v, which should be sufficient..

anyone know about this?

tnx

max

ok, it doesnt unlock the all amd multis, proc may be locked, also, i dont think that proc will run 166fsb, my bros xp1700 wont run anything higher than 150

okay here's the laydown! Palomino 1600+'s are LOCKED! okay, info bit #2! The bus speed will pretty much go to whatever you want... (well, at least whatever the mobo will boot at, which varies mobo-to-mobo, but is mostly 200MHz) When i had my palomino 1600+ i could only take it to 177FSB, because that's all my PC2100 would reach to, but, yea, you will needa bridge the L1 points on the top of that b@stard to unlock it! It wont overclock very far tho, so, dont be disappointed ~ if u want to have "a good time" get a mobile barton for $77 from newegg; it'll treat you right! lol

And as for the that proc not going over 150MHz, yea, that's prolly cuz you didnt lock the AGP bus to 66MHz in the bios (which also locks the PCI bus at 33MHz, because the have a fixed ratio of 2:1) and you prolly hadnt as far as 166 where the board automatically would cycle the PCI bus to 33MHz otherwise; so...yea... that's my 2 cents!

lol, my Biostar M7MIA was the worst thing in existence, and 150 was the highest FSB setting there was, lol

he can select higher than 166, it just wont, i hate biostar boards now, ive built 4 comps, 2 biostar m7ncd pros and 2 asus a7n8x dlx's. The biostar's always take 3 days or more to get working, asus's take 3 hours or so...

Back