• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI ULTRA INFIN problems. HELP please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

0mega

Registered
I just got my new board, dfi ultra infin and im having a hard time installing winxp pro.... it goes through the copying setup files process but when it goes to reboot and load from the hd, i get "error loading operating system... I've tried two different xp install disks and tried changing stuff in the bios to see if it would work. Did anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Thanks

hrmmm.... i dont see how it could be bad if i get as far as installing the setup files.... its not the vid card cuz when i disconnect power to the vid card, it says i dont have power to the 9700 pro.... its not the hard drive because i put it in my other rig and it works fine... i dont think its my psu because i just got the fost 530w psu.... and the ram... i have 2 sticks and alternated them... is it supposed to beep?

I just got my dfi nf2 ultra infinity today and im using the 2500 xp-m chip. im trying to install win xp and it copies all the system files but when it reboots to load from hard drive, i get message "error loading from operating system" i know the hard drive is good because its brand new and put it in my other system to make sure that it works and it does... the bios setting for the hard drive is set for chs. is there something wrong that i am doing?

what red lights are supposed to be on inside? theres 2 that are steady that i see... one under the last pci slot and one between the 2 ram slots...

i am having the same issue, but i won't get a chance to mess around w/ it until monday night...

just got my lanparty rev b. and 2600-m last night, just didn't have that amount of time to play with it....

i thought it was b/c i oc too much to begin with... maybe it's something else

0mega said:
hrmmm.... i dont see how it could be bad if i get as far as installing the setup files.... its not the vid card cuz when i disconnect power to the vid card, it says i dont have power to the 9700 pro.... its not the hard drive because i put it in my other rig and it works fine... i dont think its my psu because i just got the fost 530w psu.... and the ram... i have 2 sticks and alternated them... is it supposed to beep?

I know it was a RAM stick because when I pulled the bad stick out it let me install windows and has now been running for a few weeks. If I stick the RAM back in I either don't post, can't boot, or windows doesn't recognize kb and mouse. I have tried all slots, dual channel or not.

One beep = POST.

I never use cable select. It's either a master or slave, don't let it decide.

what red lights are supposed to be on inside? theres 2 that are steady that i see... one under the last pci slot and one between the 2 ram slots...

I believe there is only 2 lights on this board. One is mobo power (for sure) and one is power to RAM (I think).

well i got it working... it was the bios setting for the hard drive... i set it to large and bling bling,it works. =)

Help 2

I also have a problem like this one. It wont boot from the ATA HD after the windows install. Everything worked fine when I attached a SATA drive but now I want to use a regular ATA instead. I will try the BIOS large thing. I really do not know what that is but am going to look.

musk

I had the exact same problem. You have to set the hard drive access mode manually for some hard drives. For my hard drive(western digital 80gb ide 7200rpm 8mb cache) it should be chs. For others it might be lba. Check your hard drive documentation.

I had the exact same problem. You have to set the hard drive access mode manually for some hard drives. For my hard drive(western digital 80gb ide 7200rpm 8mb cache) it should be chs. For others it might be lba. Check your hard drive documentation.

I didn't have to do this with any of my 3 WD JB's (8MB cache) running on 2 different Infinities and 2 more WD JB's running on DFI NFII LP revA??

Psyko

Psykoikonov said:

I didn't have to do this with any of my 3 WD JB's (8MB cache) running on 2 different Infinities and 2 more WD JB's running on DFI NFII LP revA??

Psyko

i have both lanparty and inifinity boards, but it only happened to my lanparty board.... not sure why.

it's just the bios pick the wrong setting for the hdd that's all... not a big deal

Back