• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

spyware checker that will check this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trip0d

alright..my mom works for a middle school where she says its not a virus..but assumes its spyware where it will open both cd trays and then go to a black screen and freeze

i told her to get adaware and spyhunter to hope that will work but i wasnt sure what else to say

any ideas?

and she doesnt ahve access to the school server so she would have to do it manually so she wants an easy way to install them..just basic download and open? and she watns to block comet cursor(middle school) any way to block taht if she doesnt have access to the network server?

Actually it does sound like more of a virus. Tell her to run a free virus scan online to check. If nothing clears up there, yeah she can try either Spybot or Ad-aware both are free.

Not sure, but think she will have to have admin access to install ad aware or any other anti spyware programs...that is if she doesnt already have that controll...

And either way...ad aware and spybot are the best combo to run...and this also sounds like a old trojan that was going around...and I mean old...like a few years back...tell her to be 100% sure its not a trojan/virus...

they have the liscense with symantic..spelling error i know..and she knows to do the virus scan and stuff like that..

she has admin access thats no problem shes gonna try on monday with adaware

thanks guys

I would bet that it is a virus, or hardware problem, not spyware.

for some reason a PSU problem rings a bell in my head...But I highly doubt that.

When does this happen?

SCAN FOR VIRII!! :)

before i look at those links:

my mom did virus scans nothing came up..she said its attached to their school site..so whenever the comp loads IE the school website is the default location and it happens there when IE opens to their school webpage (i just repeated myself 3 times :) )

Back