• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess what this is....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
woods and uber blue got it... lol :eek: i heated it up with my torch enough to melt the solder on the points.. it doesnt take much cause they are so tiny solders.. but it's the side you dont "usually" see of a cpu die.. my barton 2800 to be infact..

i did it because it was dead.. sux.. just spent 160 bux on it not to long ago.. my first chip that's died on me though :-/

i tell you what though i dont know what the casing is on these things.. but after i separtated it from the packaging of the chip i heated it with my torch for a few minutes! and it would not glow red for anything..

repilce said:
i dont know what the casing is on these things.. but after i separtated it from the packaging of the chip i heated it with my torch for a few minutes! and it would not glow red for anything..

errr ummm.... silicon :rolleyes:

:eek: duh.. haha.. lmao all well.. it's 4 o'clock am here and need sleep.. probably the reason i took the torch to it in the first place..

you all want me to scan the rest of the chip for you and show you some AMD sacrifice lol

Back