• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

thermochill HE80.2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

is this a good radiator? I want somethign to fit in the front bottom of my case, where i ahve 2 80 mm fans next to eachother so radiator will be horizontal. its a Lian Li, and i was thinking of taking out the HDD vertical mount bracket thing then putting the radiator there. is this a good idea?

also.....how does it work? i have 2 fans blowing onto it form one side....then 2 on teh other side blowing away? or is that not nessecary?

any suggestions on other that are better? if not where can i buy this one?

is there a heatercore that would be better? about this size....i was thinking 2 80mm fans btw...so as to not mod case alot.

mike

The only reason I'd suggest one of those is if you were ABSOLUTELY deadset on not modding. If you take out the hard drive bracket, can you fit a procore (6 1/8" x 7 3/8" x 2" ) in there? That would be best, and you can use 80mm fans on it.

The Procore is the heater core from an '86 Chevette. Always. Anyway, the Procore isn't sold anymore so you should look at the DD heater core (same thing) or the unmodded heater core from an autoparts store. The heater core from an autoparts store is about 10 bucks cheaper, but the barbs are the wrong size.

AngryAlpaca said:
The Procore is the heater core from an '86 Chevette. Always. Anyway, the Procore isn't sold anymore so you should look at the DD heater core (same thing) or the unmodded heater core from an autoparts store. The heater core from an autoparts store is about 10 bucks cheaper, but the barbs are the wrong size.

'course from a performance point-of-view, squeezing your tubing over 5/8" pipes on the core is superior to 1/2" OD (3/8" ID) barbs on a retail core....

Back