• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need a Quick update on Drivers/Bios please.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smesx1

I havent been keeping very up to date with drivers and bios n such for my NF7-S 2.0 what with school and all. I searched for what people were talking about the most on here but didnt have much luck. I did see about tictacs bios.

Last week i lost my hardrive to data corruption :mad: so i just want to make sure that doesnt happen again. I hear certain sata drivers work better with certain bios. I also wouldnt mind squeezing a few more mhz out of my chip either.

also for tictacs bios, there is the 4227 and 4247 whats the difference?

Thanks for the help guys

smesx1 said:
also for tictacs bios, there is the 4227 and 4247 whats the difference?

The SATA Drivers...one had the 4227 version and the other has the 4247 version...just have to test to find out which one works best for your board...

thanks you two the last time i ubdated bios or drivers was probly august.

Sentential
Im actually just going off the drivers that came on the cd. Are there any drivers released by nvidia or abit that would fix any problems. The drivers at abits site are over a year old and they seem to mess up my soundstorm control panel, what about the drivers from nvidia?

I guess ill try flashing my bios to both the 4227 and 4247 and see what does best. Im just scared to death that ill get corruption again. I lost so much. Most was backed up but not all of it.

Thanks again

The drivers off the CD are fine but I do have a newer board. glock19owner gave me a link to some hax3d drivers. I havnt tried em yet but will let ya know how it goes.

I would imagine that using the updated drivers from Nvidiawould work fine. I used them alot b4 I reformatted. I had no problems with em.

Be careful of any official Abit stuff. Their programmers sux a$$. I dont trust their software one bit.

Glad I could be of help. If ya need more just ask :beer:

If those BIOS dont work, EQuito makes BIOS specifically to work with SATA drives. However these dont OC nearly as well as Tic-tac's

thanks Tebore ill give those drivers a try.
Right now im using tictacs bios with the SATA 4.2.2.7 and ive been priming at 210 fsb for almost 24 hours. Thats the highest ive been able to get in a whilie.

Has anyone tried the remix extreme video drivers from Morpheusware? i think i might give them a go.

smesx1 said:
Has anyone tried the remix extreme video drivers from Morpheusware? i think i might give them a go.

Do they have ATI video drivers out now...the ones that come with the 3.30 is Nvidia based video drivers...

And I use the 3.30's and they are great...especially with the 9800 Pro...at least I hope its still a working 9800 Pro...

just installed the extreme video drivers. system VERY sluggish so it must not like something, im going to reinstall the normal remix

well i tried to install the normal remix drivers.... stilll very slugish.... so i tryed the drivers that are on my cd and its still bery slugish.... so im kindof stuck right now

Any ideas that can remove those drivers and put normal good ones on. Thanks.

When was the last time you did a disk clean and defragged the HD and cleared all of the internet temp files...all of these things can cause a slugish system...

And how is PU...I live about an hour to your east...used to go to PU every weekend...

My 3 partitions all defrag at different times from 3am to 5am every night. My system was going extremly fast before i installed those extreme video remix drivers, now its slower than molases on a cold day. It seems like its a refresh problem from the monitor but it has to be caused by the software. Im going to start uninstalling different drivers and rolling some back just to see what it does.

Purdue is awsome... i love it here; why did you use to come to purdue every weekend?

If anyone has any ideas to get this slowness to go away withought me reinstalling windows shoot me a line. Thanks

ok just uninstalled the ati control panel and drivers and the slugishness is gone exccept for the refresh thing.... maybe the extreme video drivers didnt like my Radeon 9100. Ill keep trying different things. Ill keep some updates.

i tried the restore point thing last night and it didnt work. I ended up uninstalling my video card then updating the driver for it through system devices and picking the driver... It seems to be working fine now so im not going to mess with drivers anymore. Thanks everyone

Last edited:
Back