• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ barton at 200fsb x11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PottaCoola

just got this a msi k7n2 delta l after haveing a ecs l7vta 1.0 motherboard and i get better bench scores with my old board,i thought with the dual channel ddr and nforce2 chip set it would be faster. so i overclocked the cpu and it seemed to have let me over clock the processor to 2200ghz, but when i play games or run any bench mark there is no change just the same pore porformance. 3dmark03 cpu test shows the same score as stock speed but when i boot my pc it shows 3200+ and in bios it says 2200 ghz and CPU-Z shows x11 multiplier and 2200ghz and it says its a 3200+, but still no change in tests or games. can anyone help me fix this so it will clock?

first of all set FSB and DRAM ratio to 1:1. Second, look for CPU clock throttling and disable that.
On Abit NF7 there is "CPU Interface" option in the BIOS, there should be something similar, with "Disabled/Enabled" options, set it to enable, it should increase your memory performance w/o changing the FSB speed and w/o taxing your memory more.

thanks best adivce iv had in a long time, the cpu interface only has options (normal or high performance) im guessing putting it to high performance, and i cant find CPU clock throttling in bios do you know what menu it could be under?

thanks

hmm, I'm not too sure on the menu thing, sorry. also did you set the RAM and FSB to 1:1 ratio, this is important because when you run your RAM async you loose performance because RAM latency increases by a large margin, so running in sync should increase your performance as well.
what is the CPU temp you're running. If its cool enough under full load then clock throttling shouldn't pose a problem even if it exists on your board

i havnt set it up in bios yet, i wanted to know what im setting and what to set it to first but ill try the ratio to 1.1 and see if i can find that CPU clock throttling and temps

Make sure you drop FSB to 166, as your RAM is DDR333, so you should start OCing the FSB from the RAMs default

i didnt find throttling but i set the rest andcpu interface to high performance, fsb to 175 to start with and ran 3dmark03 seen a change in the first test with the plains i got 10 fps more and the rest was normal. i ran aquamark02 andi seen 10fps more at the start but then it went normal again. 3dmark03 score 5637 old mobo score 5550, cpu score 380 old mobo cpu score 440. aquamark02 23,000, old mobo score 35,000. the temps i get is about 40 to 50c but when i got mbm working and it doesnt now for some reson i got 35c, i dont get no rebooting problems or crashing so i guess its realy 35c.
just wanted to add 3dmark 03 links for new score and old score

New score

Old score

Last edited:
There's no "Clock Throttling" option on this board. The only thing close to it is the performance option as stated.

One problem you might run into is you're trying to run PC-2700 memory at PC-3200 speeds if you're planning on overclocking this setup to 2.2GHz (3200+). You might want to consider swapping your current sticks for some good PC-3200 memory. That way, you're not overclocking your memory, just your CPU. (Unless you go over 400 fsb, of course.) Also, you don't mention what your memory timings are, but if they're very loose, that could be holding you back too.

See if you can post some specifics to your setup. Brands and models, voltages, memory timings, temps, etc. By providing as much info as possible, I think folks might be able to narrow it down for you better.

i dunno how to get pictures in here for cpu z so ill just type it, voltage 1.600v (+12v) 11.76 (3.3v) 3.33

Back