• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this pu a good o/c'er?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Is this cpu a good o/c'er?

Hi everyone i just wanted to know if this cpu is worth buying at 65 bucks and how far it should be able to o/c and if the muliti is unlocked already
Model # AXDA1800DLT3C
Stepping Code : JIUHB:0350 VPWM
thanks for your time :)

Last edited:
is it possible to unlock the cpu ? and change the multiplier?
and if u know where i could find one thats already unlock that would o/c well :) thanks

i cant get a barton i have a kr7a133-r mobo with pc2100 crucial ramso i was looking for a good tbred that i can well on this board till i have some money to get a nf7-s and the Model # AXDA1800DLT3C
Stepping Code : JIUHB:0350 VPWM
i saw this at exclibur pc and its 1.5 vcore the one u posted at newegg is 1.6 ? isnt it better the lower vcore will o/c better ?
thats what ive gotten from what ive been reading here so far :) thanks for ur reply :)

Well you should have gotten the barton because at least it will be unlocked. You have like a 1% chance that the processor is unlocked, if not then you are going to be stuck at 11.5 multi, so the only way to overclock the processor is to raise the FSB. Since you only have 2100 ram, then you aren't going to get much farther than the stock 133 FSB it runs at.

ok since you're on that board, DEFINATLY get the Barton, it will be unlocked and with an easy wire trick mod you'll have access to the higher multipliers you'll need to get the max out of your chip.
Also the 2400+ barton has a x13.5 "Mobile multiplier", this means that you can use GCPUID (My sig, red link) to change multiplier on the fly in windows. So basically you can max out your FSB at whatever speed it maxes out, and then up the multiplier to x13.5 from windows.
Or as I mentioned earlier do a wire trick mod to get to the x13 and up multipliers to get the most out of your CPU.

As been mentioned earlier, the mobile barton I linked to runs at 133x13.5 but on your mobo w/o any OC or mods you'll be able to run only upto x12.5 multiplier or x13.5 using my program.
On a Tbred 1800+ it will be a 99.99% chance of you getting a locked proc, and thus very low overclock percentage.

Are u 100% sure that the barton proc u psoted will run on this kr7a133-r ? cause on the abit site it only suports palmomino 2100+ and tbred 2000+ and right now i have a 1900+ palomino
i got the fsb to 145 but wont go higher and be rock stable
thats why im asking if its worth getting just a new cpu till i get a better mobo or get the mobo and wait for a cpu? I've also read some posts that this board has problems at multipliers over 12.5.
I ordered an unlocking kit last week to see if i can unlock the multiplier and try and see if i can get more out of it.
And do u know if higher mem would run on this like pc2700 or pc3200 would be great then i might be able to get the fsb higher?

Its not "Officially" supported, but it should work just fine, all that you will be able to see which is wrong, is that the CPU is not going to be recognized by the BIOS, but this WILL NOT affect performance or anything else.

Check out this thread: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=2574755
If the barton works in a KT133 motherboard, there should be no reason for it not to work in a KT266A :)

what about ram u think pc3200 will run on this kr7a 133-r ?
and is this barton unlocked at newegg?
and i thought bartons were 333 fsb ?
by the way u guys rock here man :) im soo glad i found this site :)

This barton is for mobile laptops/notebooks, these use 266Mhz FSB. Yes the CPU is fully unlocked. and yes the board will run PC3200 memory without problems.

would i need to do that socket trick like u said in the other post for the guy with the kt133 board ? or if u just slap it in i will be good to go ?

do u think with pc3200 ram and the 2400 m barton cpu i can get like 2.2 gigz with this my mobo kr7a-133-r
and whats the multiplier set at default on that cpu i have been hearing that my board has trouble with multiplers over 12.5
and what kind of benchmarks does this cpu compare to ? like is it as fast as a regular barton? or a t-bred of the same speed ?
as u can see im new to this game :)
by the way u rock man :)

Last edited:
its just as fast as a regular barton, and the CPU can easily do 2.2GHz, thing is, depending on the multiplier used, you cou might be limited by your board. Although some KT266As got some crazy OCs most topped out in the 160MHz FSB range. so if you can get 166MHz out of then then 166x13.5 (using my software) you get 2241MHz. You would need to do the wire trick to get to the high multiplier range so you can go to higher CPU speed

what software ? :) and if i do the wire trick does that stay for good lets say in the future i get a nf7-s and i want to put this palomino back into the kr7a will it still work? :)
man ill say it again u rock dood :)
oh ya and what ram would u recomend for me to buy and from where ? :)

Back