• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 giving crappy voltages on 2 different PSU's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tekOC

When I had my Antec Truepower 430W and NF7-S 2.0 together, the +12V rail was reading something like +11.85V.

Now that I have this P4C800-ED together with the same PSU (Truepower 430W) my +12V rail reads +11.98V.

Now in my second system, I have a PowMAX 550W psu, when it was coupled together with a A7N8X Deluxe 2.0 the +12V rail read around +12.10V. Ever since I removed the A7N8X I now have the NF7-S 2.0 and PowMAX550W together (the psu that read +12.10V). It now reads +11.78-.85 for the +12V rail. Practically the same it read when it was coupled 2gether with the Truepower 430W.

Hmm.... what could cause such love voltages? Same crap even if OC'ed or stock. Damn ABIT.

-tekOC

Those arent crappy voltages, i grow so tired of these powersupply myths with rail voltages. Rail voltages are so overhyped.

read the voltages at a molex with a MULTI-METER. Dont' ever rely on software to tell you anything about nf7's. They are hideously inacurate.

I assume you were using the P4 12v jack while you were testing.

I find it very strange that a Antec true acted in such a way. It is possible that ur mobo's MOFSETS are defective.

I really hate Phantom errors. I bought a dual channel pack recently. Oddly enough both stix were dead. How or why? I dont have a clue

Back