• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 pumps....one radiator?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdok5

Im stil tryign to firgure out what a good setup for me is...ive been looking on here for a while at posts and pics.....tell me if this will work, or if i am just way off here.....

i want to cool cpu, nb, gpu. what if i have 2 Eheim 1046 or 1048 pumps, both with the invoteck res attached (mostly for looks, but also is this to weed out air and refil easy right?) i would sue two jsut for looks.....

pump one goes jsut to cpu, to to a y adapter......
pump 2 goes to gpu adn nb.....then to other part of that y adapter......
then that feeds into radiator/heatercore (havent decided yet...any suggestions to help disipate this much heat would help)
then teh radiator output spilt with a y into the 2 pumps.

would this work? has anyone done it? whatabout that innvoatek tank-o-matic plugon? has anyione used it and liked it?

mike

Last edited:
Just get a 1250 (Or mag 3 in NA) and run everything in series... It will save you quite a hassle.

Running two pumps is usually questionable, but you should do them in series if you want two pumps. Apparently, (I have never read the whole thread about this, too lazy) they fight each other, and you may get a decrease in flow, or not as big an increase as you might get from series. Now, as for the blocks in parallel, it depends on restriction. You don't want 2/3 of your water going to your NB and GPU.

that makes sense. wahta bout the eheim 1046/1048 versus 1250. I like the 1046/8 because i can get that res attachment. do they make one for the 1250? is the 1250 a better pump?

i was reading that if u put a res inline, then it resitricts waterflow, unless it is attached directly to inlet of pump, so i want to get a res, and i want to get a really good pump. so that is my dilema.

mike

The 1250 is much better than either of those. I would have to actually imagine that those reservoirs are fairly restrictive too, seeing as there is an elbow right before going into the pump, and I doubt you'd get any benefits from using that over an inline system... One way to deal with the problem with typical reservoirs restricting the inlet is to have a much larger line (5/8" or even 3/4") going straight from the reservoir to inlet of the pump.

Back