• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I buy the fusionHL anywhere in the US?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, I was working on my order there, and finally got to this stage:

Pay To: [email protected]
Payment For: Miva Merchant Order #1006
Currency: U.S. Dollars
Amount: $53.66 USD

That site is run from a guy with a paypal account and an attbi.com email address? Am I wrong for being a bit skeptical?

You aren't wrong for being a bit skeptical. Can you e-mail Silverprop and see if he is their retailer in the US?

Well, I figured out that silverprop usually has orders done in other countries, and from there they ship from Australia to where ever it was ordered from. I'm not too keen on that since I want it right away, so I got a swiftech MCW50 with 3 days shipping from sidewinder :)

Oh, and it shows that the above guy is in fact a reseller here:
http://www.silverprop.com/resellers.aspx

But I still prefer local shipping as compared to intercontinental transport.

I just bought a FusionHL from the guy at bestpcmods, and he always answered my questions quickly as well as sent the item s the exact same day I paid him. My FusionHL arrive 2 days later, and I must say is very beautful compared to my MCW50. Not only that, there's no aluminum in it. This guy was also willing to mail me the Gefore mounting hardware (since I told him the plastic push pins were so weak) for free. Don't be hesitant to order from him.

Well if you had said that a few hours ago.... ;)

That's ok, I don't have a powerful pump, so the MCW50 will be in my best interest IMO.

So, quicksilver, now that you've had it for awhile, would you recommend getting the geforce mounting hardware right away, or are the push pins sufficient?

The waterblock is like twice as heavy as the MCW50. So I do not think the plastic push pins will suffice over time. You don't have to get the GeForce mounting hardware (as the only reason for getting this hadrware are for the screws and springs). If you have a set of screws and springs already that you can use with this Waterblock, I see no need. but if you're just ordering the block now, it wouldn't hurt to order the additional mounting hardware for GeForce's, it's only 2.50.

Well there is no way the MCW50 is going to work with my watercooling (hose size requirements are vastly different), so I'm ordering the fusionHL. I should have done that to begin with...DOH.

I use my MCW-50 with 1/2" ID tubing - you just need to get the adaptors for it. Swiftech sells them at their website, but you can get them cheaper elsewhere.

www.swiftnets.com

Thanks for the links guys, but I already shipped the MCW50 back and ordered the fusionHL from bestpcmods.

Just to let you know, the dude at bestpcmods is a standup guy in my opinion. Upon request for order of a geforce mounting kit for the fusionHL, he sent one FREE. He told me he wants to earn his place in the community. So if you are after a fusionHL, I would highly recommend him. I can't guarantee a free geforce mounting kit, but I do think he is worth buying from! :)

That's awesome. He did the same thing with me and mailed me a free GeForce mounting kit. Too bad I have no videocard to put this wonderful waterblock on, just sold it due to a family emergency. If anyone wants this bad boy lemme know.

Based upon the restriction of Silverprop's NB block, and the relatively high restriction of GPU blocks, I'd estimate around 18" H2O @ 1GPM, or about that of a CPU block.

ordering from criticool is fun!

ordered on the 1st, still dont have it.

they say the 17th is the magic number though, yey!

if you do go for criticool, spring for the extra money for faster shipping if you want it faster than 17days. :(

Back