• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adam_2002

Registered
okay so heres my question now i got an amd 2800+ with an Asus mobo and the vcore only goes up to 1.85V and i can get my the cpu to run stable at about 190fsb, ive tried going higher but pc freezes after about 20 minz, also the temps are fine never hitting over 42C, is there away to get my vcore higher without buying a new mobo and something simple? , even something cheap to buy, thanks Adam

is there no other way becuase i dont know how to do that kind of stuff

you can drop the multi on the locked chips below stock, right? are you doing this as you raise the fsb? if not it wouldn't suprise me that 190 was all you could get. i also doubt this is a prob as your board can run 200fsb standard but try giving your northbridge a teenie-tiny bit of extra voltage if it has good cooling, sometimes the mobo needs a lil help too :p

no you cannot change the multiplyer at all it must stay at the default but what do u mean by
try giving your northbridge a teenie-tiny bit of extra voltage if it has good cooling, sometimes the mobo needs a lil help too :p

he means up the VDD if you have an option for it. VDD is the northbridge voltage, and when you get to brick wall FSB wise then higher VDD sometimes helps, but in your case its most likely the CPU rather than the VDD.
You will either have to solder, or get someone to solder it for you, or buy a new motherboard.
Your other option is to be happy with what you have now.

Back