• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Things wont delete or go away.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zacmaniac

I am always having problems with files either not deleting when I tell them to, and coming back like an hour later, or with files just plain not deleting, causing errors when I want them to delete.

Example of Annoyance 1: I have a Shareaza folder, which I uninstalled long ago, yet when I delete this folder, it continually comes back, and never completely deletes. Why oh why?!

Example of Annoyance 2: I am trying to delete google tollbar. I uninstalled it, but one file remains in the folder. Its GoogleToolbar1.dll. I try to delete it, but it comes up
"Cannot delete GoogleToolbar1:Access is denied.

Make sure the disk is not full, or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

The file is NOT currently in use, it is NOT write-protected, and the disk is not full. Help!

First try deleting in safe mode AFTER ay turn off system restore...Some programs just keep ticking and ticking lol..There is also a way to do it from the repair counsol but I forget hw..Try safe mode at least ..

Back