• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! XP2100 tbred B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobInside

i recently put in a xp2100 tbred B chip. i upgraded my bios to the sept/2003 one, on my 8k3A+ so it would support it. but now, i can't go into windows at anything past stock speed & voltage! it always hangs or freezes once getting into windows. right now im running at 13 x 100 cuz its stable at that. i've tried even relaxed memory timings, but it still hangs. i've tried different voltages, etc, nothing i know seems to solve it. i've scandisked and nothing is wrong with my hdd. also my ram was stable @ up to 166 with the fastest timings with my old 1600+ palomino, so i have no idea what happened.

hmm i seemed to have figured the problem out, i had the jumper on 100FSB so i could at first boot up with the old bios. changing the jumper to 133 seemed to have fixed it. never thought that would do anything cuz i changed the FSB in bios..heh thanks for the reply tho

damn, my comp froze again. my +5 rail is 4.99 and my +12v rail is ~12.28. my temps are +/45C... maybe my windows install got messed up from crashing when trying to O/C?

Back