• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why oh why? {help da noob}

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

C0B2A

Registered
Why can't I get a good over clock out of my system, that is the topic of this thread and I want answers..
But really, everything seems to be in order but I can barly OC this thing without getting stablity issues or just having it not start up.

Athlon xp 2600+ Thoroughbred

Samsung 1gig 400mhz 3200DDR
One sitck of this
and one stick of this
Reason they are not 2 of the same exact type is I bought them about 6 months apart and could not find another to match the older one, but they are as close as I could find to eachother.
My mother board Epox 8rda+ nforce2 mobo

Now why can't I over clock.

what's the powersupply you got and what are the +5 and +12 rails read under full load?
Also what are your temps?

Yeah PSU is one of the most important things in overclocking, name brand moreso than simple # of watts.

2600+ B does 2.2 to 2.3 although Volcano 7+ has been known to hold the OC down.

my PSU is TTIG 420w triple fan.
My temp at stock speeds are 34c - cpu
26 - system

Which revision of the 8RDA+ do you have...and have you tried each memory stick individually to make sure they both can OC pretty much the same at the same timings?...

And when you say barely OC...what exactly are you doing when you are trying to OC...what are you changing in the BIOS...and speaking of BIOS...have you updated your BIOS?

Im not sure how to check what revision I have, no i have not tryed each stick sepretly, I have tryed the older one and I had the same stablilty issues with it. I haven't tryed the one I got a month ago alone.

When I say everything I have tryed I mean I have been rasing the FSB, working with the Multiplyer and FPS together, Rasied Vcore up (have not gone past 1.775) and have tryed differnt memory freqences and such.

memtest and prime the hell out of those sticks of ram. find out which ram is crapping out. if one of them is, take it out, and take the rest of ur components to the max.

^^^ What he said.

I though my PC was actin odd when I bout a dual channel pack of BH5.

I ran memtest and it spewed out thousands of errors. They are in the process of being RMAed.

Im sure that when you run memtest86 the problem will become very clear.

Back