• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lanparty Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

I got a lanparty yesterday and it doesnt come with much to explain the bios. I had a MSI and overclocked it to max so Im eager to clock this one. But there are so many options in the bios I dont know what they do can you guys telll me a bit about how to clock with the LP or tell me the basics of what to change and what not too. my set up is as fallows

DFI LP Rev B
2500 unlocked
512 pc3200 basic ram.. not sure of timings
Thermaltake Silent Boost k8 heatsink/fan combo

what should I exspect outa this combination?

sorry for all the questions but this is way more indeapth than my msi bios was.

Everyone's success will differ, but my suggestion would be that you invest in some better ram (preferrably Bh-5 or Bh-6 and get a better HSF such as the Thermalright SP-97). THEN I'd say you could expect 2.3+ with some nice fsb results (depending on your stepping).

yes I am getting some better ram and I hope to get better than 2.3 because I got that with this same setup with my old board msi kt4 ultra and this LP is a much bettr board.

quess Im really looking for some info on all the bios settings my old board didnt have most off these in the bios. And most important what not to mess with...

Back