• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3\8 to 1\2 tubing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tnick24

I odered new tubing a few days ago to replace my old gross tubes, I must have ordered the wrong size tubing, because when I went to use the tubing it wont fit in my asetek quick connects on my blocks. Now heres the question, the tubing that I ordered exactly fits outside the old tubing that I have. its such a perfect fit that I can barley pull them apart when I tried. What will happen to my cooling ablilties/flow if i put like 2 inches into the quick connect and then slide that nub into the larger tube, run it to the next spot and repeat? Is it worth it to just wait untill i can get the right size tube?

Wait for the right size tubing because you do not want water to leak in your case. This happened to me only once and water got on a board and a grphx card but the computer was not on. And it was not alot of water either. But still it stopped my motherboard from ever posting and the grphx card would not work in any of my computers. This is also after throughly cleaning them with rubing alcohol and letting them dry for one week. :mad:

Keep clocking:)

Yeah, wait for the correct tubing size. Just fitting them together like that will cause some major leaks. If you can use clamps and couplings, however, that would work just fine.

^^^ thats what i was thinking but how will it affect my cooling? won't going from a smaller size tube to a larger one make it so there isnt much flow?

It will reduce flowrate, how that will affect your temps I cannot say. I am actually going to suffer from the same problem once my system is finished. I have 3/8 instrument grade quick-disconnects that I want to use and the pump is 1/2 .... the radiator is also 3/8.. it will hurt performance but should not be that bad.

Back