• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 47C Too Hot? (TBredB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedEyes666

Hi,

I bought a CPU/Mobo Combo at Fry's for $75. It's a 2400+ XP TBredB (15x133:2000) with ECS K7VTA3. I bought some OEM PC-3200 DDR today and upped the FSB to 143 (2143) because I don't want to fiddle with the wire trick or other multiplier tweaks or buy a better motherboard.
As for fans I have 3 case fans. One pointing out the back, one drawing air in from the front and one from the front but throwing the air over my hard drives. The heatsink is a CollerMaster dual heat pipe (HC01) but the fan was so loud I put the OEM one from AMD on the sink.
Anyway, it runs solid but my temps according to Motherboard Monitor are at highest 47 C. That's with Winamp, Mozilla and CPU Burn-In (3hours) running right now.
Is that too hot? For some reason I have it in my head that no processor should get over 44C with a max of 45C.
I looked on the internet and found a site that said that the max temps for AMD are between 85-90C? I assume that's worst case scenario.

Thanks,

Adrian

Those temps seem pretty average for 2143Mhz. I wouldn't worry about it. When you start getting above 50C you need to start rethinking your overclock.

I have a Coolermaster HHC-001. When it was new it was considered top of the line. Now it's middle-of-the-pack in performance. With it, I get maximum temps of 46C at 2022Mhz on a TbredA and 52C at 2510Mhz on a Mobile Barton 2600+. Your temps look right in line. They can be better, but they aren't terribly out of whack.

Back