• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile Barton 2500 Whoas :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Net-trix

Registered
Hi All...

Wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a problem that I seem to be having with my Barton 2500-M. Prior to receiving this CPU I had a Barton 2500. Being a NF7-S v. 2 owner I was plagued with the 10X and 10.5X multiplier problem until Tic Tac released his bios with a fix. My old CPU was able to go to 220FSB with Tic Tacs bios (Mushkin 3200 Level II Ram).
After receiving my Mobile Barton, I cannot boot with a FSB higher than 210 (even at low multis). Any know reason for this? Also, I am getting errors in Prime when CPU is at 2.4 (varilous Multi and FSB) with core temps at 1.95. Is this the limit of the chip, or am I being to anxious as it is only two days old.

Any help will be appreciated.

I know it's hard to be patient with a new cpu, especially one as exciting to o/c as the new mobile bartons. But, start low. Start around 200x10 @ 1.45 or 200x11 @ 1.5V and start priming away. Work your way up 100Mhz at a time. Determine maximum stability at 200Mhz FSB. Once that's all figured out, then start playing with FSBs >200Mhz. That seems to be working for me. It might just take some time for your cpu to break in before it starts performing how you want it to.

Good luck!

O.k...

So I solved the limited FSB problem. I did the L12 mod and voila...now I can boot past 210FSB... Currently running 220FSB with 11 multi..prime stable so far. There is alot more head room....I sure hope this CPU goes to 2.7 :)

Net-trix said:
Also, I am getting errors in Prime when CPU is at 2.4 (varilous Multi and FSB) with core temps at 1.95.

Any help will be appreciated.

I'm a little concerned for you when you say this. Your chip may be one of the not so good ones. It should be pretty stable off the bat at 2.4 @ 1.95 volts. But definitely these mobile chips gets better after "burning in". I never thought I'd say that, but it's true with mine at least.

Back