• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu block discolor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AkuraII

I was leak testing my loop for a few days with dis. water and highlighter ink in it. After draining everything i noticed the tubes were milky no big deal. However i also noticed my TC-4 became darker. Ther copper base and a bit on the sides of the copper became dark sorta like its stained anyone know what its from?

First off use distilled water. Then add an additive to the water like antifreeze, purple ice or water wetter. This will help a little with oxidaztion(i think but not sure). But there is real no way to stop it but to clean out your water cooling system about 1-2 a year.

Keep clocking

This will help a little with oxidaztion(i think but not sure)
Eh...not really. There's not much to stop oxidation, it happens naturally as copper comes into contact with oxygen. Luckily, it doesn't hurt performance, so I wouldn't worry about it. You can shine it up with something like Brasso, and it'll stay shiny after using polishing it.

ye how the heck you can stop oxidation. YOu need oxygen to live you know ...lol

Dont worry it doesnt hurt the performance at all

i've noticed the milkiness of my tuing after use, is this a big deal?

Back