• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem: First time booting..PLEASE HELP.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BRPEclipse

Registered
Hey guys I just got my freshly built computer running. It does not have an OS system on it, booting CD-Rom 1st, HD 2nd, floppy 3rd. The CD-Rom is on the IDE2 chain and is set as slave, and HD is on IDE1 and is set as master. When I booted the computer for the first time, went throught the bios I didn't change a thing, installed the software for my HD *note the CD for maxtor HD booted fine* and then when I re-started my system and inserted the WinXP Pro CD, an error showed up, "NTLDR is missing, press ctrl+alt+dlt to restart"..How do I get around this error so I can install an OS system on my computer? Thanks all..i've tried searching and all that does is confuse me. BTW, there is no floppy disc inside the drive while this is happening ;).

Just go into your bios and disable all boot options except the cd-rom until you have your os loaded. Don't know why this happens but ran into it a couple of times and doing it as above works.

Back