• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

oem XP pro from Neweeg and no activation code?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BKPBS

sorry if i sound dumb but i bought the xp pro oem version from newegg and i couldnt find the activation code!
Is it because its an OEM version?
Will I have to call microsoft tomorrow and ask for the code?

Thanks

BKPBS said:
sorry if i sound dumb but i bought the xp pro oem version from newegg and i couldnt find the activation code!
Is it because its an OEM version?
Will I have to call microsoft tomorrow and ask for the code?

Thanks
You dont need an activation code... All you need is the CD Key. When you activate it, do it on line. It auto generates a code, there is nothing you need to do but activate windows.

I'm installing it right now and the screen came up for a product key and I cant do anything else if I dont put it in. I just got done formatting the drive and now its on the Installing windows step.

thats the thing it's not on the cd case or the XP manual book.

it says where the product key is supposed to be
"The certificate of authenticity label has been removed by your pc manufacturer and should be attached to your pc"

I bought the OS with a bunch of other parts from newegg so why would it say that?

thanks for the quick replys

If you truly don't have it, then I suggest calling Newegg. I'd look around, though. I can't imagine why it's not on your manual, but I know that the Office key is just a small yellow sticker, so look for a sticker of sorts somewhere. I don't know why I feel inclined to check your bill, but I guess it won't hurt :p

Z

What exactly did you buy? Do you have a link? It seems as if you have the OEM media with no COA (license).

THIS is what i got with basically everything you would need to put a computer together

BKPBS said:
it says where the product key is supposed to be
"The certificate of authenticity label has been removed by your pc manufacturer and should be attached to your pc"

I bought the OS with a bunch of other parts from newegg so why would it say that?

thanks for the quick replys

"Should be attached to your PC"? Did you buy the whole system? maybe they "attached" it to ur case already? I know.. sounds weird, but this what the thing says :p

The booklet and cd was wrapped in plastic wrap. The sticker with the cd key is on the wrapper.

If you threw it away, start diggin in your trash. If your trash is gone, you are screwed.

You said that right.

I had a friend who did this, but took out the trash the same day in an apartment complex after he tore apart his newly arrived computer packages including his OEM copy of XP.

Talk about dumpster diving.

haha :D

hmmm I looked at the plastic before putting it in the garbage but i guess i missed it:eek: .
all is well now, I called up microsoft and recieved a new product key.
thanks for the help

Back