• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just finished building an amd 2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

generalthade

Registered
abit nfs7
overclocked amd 2500 to 3200
set memory timings to aggressive at 2-3-3-6 1 gig corsair pc3200 xms series
my temperature sensors from my aerogate are off but I stink at installing them, the cpu probe is actually sitting on the motherboard next to the cpu but not touching it at all and my temperature readings are still off...oh well it looks great for friends...

cpu voltage 1.75
memory voltage 1.7

running prime 95 to check stability right now...so far its passing every test...

thanks, is that temp probe sitting on the motherboard ok cause I really dont care about accurate readings anymore and I just want to show off the aerogate II...its not even near the cpu and heatsink its like dangling to the edge of both but not too near both...actually its not near at all...

well know u can go higher i think that your barton can run at 3200+ without adding volt it should work at this speed with default voltage try

I already ran prime 95 for 12 hours and i passed every test...I think i will leave my settings as is...200*11 1.75 voltage and 2.7 ddr voltage....

i have an older 2500+ from early last summer that will denitely NOT run a 3200 at stock voltage, that is a myth unless you have a lucky chip which a lot od people do. prime it for 24hrs...

I primed it for about 14 hours actually and I am running at 1.75 voltage on my abit nfs7 board...cpu temps no less than 43 so far...it went to 48 with prime 95 running overnight and stayed around there but I think thats enough...

load is 39 case temperature 25 and idle is 38...

highest ive seen it go is 44...with prime...

I really dont care about accurate readings anymore and I just want to show off the aerogate II...its not even near the cpu and heatsink its like dangling to the edge of both but not too near both...actually its not near at all...

When you go deep into the rabbit hole this will change. I just placed an order for an Aerogate.

The hacked NF7 BIOS give bogus temperature information. Unfortunatly this is the only thing that will keep it in an stable OCing config, so it was time to buy a temp monitor.

MBM5 works extremely well, but it is only accurate if ur BIOS temps are accurate. Unfortunalty the modded BIOS can read almost 15c* off due to optimizations. :-/

You might want to hook it up right!

quit bragging about ur CPU temps. 43c idle and 48c load is awesome. My fathers PC which is the exact same as mine runs at 53c idle and 58c load, with accurate temp readings, and its completely stable.

Also I must have an od processor as I run at 1.65v (or stock voltage) and OC'd it to a 3200+ (11x200) works perfectly never froze

Thank you thank you... If you read
http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/socketA.asp

on the front page, you can see that having 43~48 load temp is a perfectly fine, if not very well performing, cpu temp for the top tier heatsinks.

Unless you got your cpu temp reading off of a laser thermometer, i say BLAH BLAH BLAH to the folks telling others to worry about their "49 degrees" load temp off of mbm5.

Also, i have a lucky cpu that runs 200x11 at stock voltage.

Back