• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2800 locked or unlocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
devilscow22 said:
AQUcA0307XPEW

shouldnt be locked...that is a week 7 chip...03 is year...07 is the week...

But it is a A..not sure how the A's OCed with the 2800's...

whats the A mean? and also.. my bios wont let me change the multi like i cant even see the multi in the bios anything i can do about that?

what motherboard are you running?

A = first version
B = second version

B's usally OCed better...

my mobo is a Albatron nForce2 KM18G Pro doupt its a very good mobo 4 overclocking when i built my comp i ddint know to much and wasent planing on overclocking it.

Last edited:
I would get a Mobile Barton for good measure.

Not only are they unlocked, but they are fundamentally better chips, just in case u want to OC.

Plus they are the same price as a regular chip

i was thinking about getting one but when i saw the 9800pros for 210$ i couldent resist(currently have FX5200) so i wont have another major upgrade for a while

I've been having good luck with my 2800+ that is locked. I forgot the stepping on it, but I've gotten it up to 175 FSB at 1.675 vcore at 37C load temp. It can go much higher I am sure. I did have it at 190 FSB at one time stable and about 38C load temp. But I wanted to go back and do my OC correctly with stability testing.

Yep, its a T-bred not a Barton.
Not locked but even at higher speeds (like the Pe4) its slower than a Barton.

Example: Had a 2700+ T-bred. Would clock to 2500mhz. Was slower than my Barton 2500+ at 2300 mhz in all tests... 3dmark, PcMark, Aquamark etc

Back