• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hydor L30 not pumping anymore

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sixshot666

ive had the pump for 2 weeks and have only been using it for a week.well today i switched around some fans in my case and turned my pump off by turning off my surge protector(only thing on the sp).i turned the pump on to bleed and everything was fine
and turned it back off(left my room t-line likes to lean to my monitor).well i get back and turn it on and water is not moving at all.the pump does have power because i can hear and feel it hum and i know its not the surge protector because ive already eliminated it from my problem.looks like im gonna use my L20 to
drain my system enough to check the propeller inside the L30 because im sue thats what my problem is.will post later at what the problem is.

Just slap it. Alot of water pumps have this issue. When you jerk the permanent magnet with a slap, it will interact with the electromagnet and start moving usually.

yeah that was the 2nd thing i tried to fix it.i believe the problem was water around the shaft.after i dried it out i watched it spin
real fast so i pretty sure its fixed.gonna put my water back in it
in a minute.

oh shoot! you actually woke me up :eek:

My via1300 that i'm using to watercool my bro's computer performs very bad. I was leak testing and it was fine. But then when i installed into the comp. The temp is UNexceptable 50c idle!. I reseated it 3 times, and i check the base of the block. I even pushed more pressure than it should be. I do feel the pump hunmming by touching it, but maybe...the water not moving at all.

I will check and let you know later,

it was my shaft in the pump got water logged and put it out of alinement and wouldnt push water at all.for some reason or another my temp is up.gonna see what i can do about that.

Back