• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which motherboard for water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jkb2198

I need to get rid of my msi k7n2 delta ilsr. I love the board and currently have it overclocked to 220x10. But i have a few complaints. I am limited to what water blocks i can use because of the lack of no mounting holes. My other prob is the vcore does not go past 1.8 and memory voltage (i think vdimm) does not go past 1.7. So now i am looking at either an abit nf7-s rev 2 or asus asn8x-e rev2 deluxe becasue both have mounting holes and great options in their bios's for overclocking. I am also going to be using a brand new mobile 2500 barton. My only issue with these boards are:

1. The nf7-s seems to have a 10-10.5 multiplier problems and also some sata probs
2. I think the new asus boards do not read directly from the diode which i truly wanted for a more accurate way to gauge temps. I now there is no truly accuarte way to gauge temps but i think the diode might be a little better than in socket temps.

So my question which board do you guys think goes best with using either a rbx or whitewater paired with a mobile 2500 corsair dual channel low latency 3200?

Please tell me all your personal expierences with these boards, good and bad in your water cooling setups. I am looking for one that will overclock the fartherest and most importantly be stable.

Keep clocking;)

If you use tictacs latest d22 alpha betaking turbo you can use both sata and the 10/10,5 mults fine on the nf7-s. I would go with either the nf7 or the dfi infinity. I also would not recommend an asus board if you really want to oc high, these two other boards really slaughter it in terms of ocing.

I would have to say go for the DFI LanParty NFII Ultra B. Seems alot of people are getting pretty high FSB with these boards. Also the WhiteWater fits just fine on the LanParty which was a plus when I bought it.

Regardless of the fact that the mobos can take a waterblock, they are still the 2 best nf2 mobos on the market.

Back