• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service Pack 2 issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noddy101

I'm having an issue after installing Service Pack 2 for XP. I have created quite a few web pages using word and excel, yet after installing SP2 internet explorer won't display any pictures or artwork. I have tried everything i can think of but the pictures just wont display, yet other pages on the internet are fine. I have updated everything and use sun java.

If anyone can help me I would be very gratefull.

Thanks

that is what i was thinking. ive seen screen shots and i cant wait till it comes out.

ive seen sites that say beta, but i was thinking beta and microsoft shouldnt be in the same page

Hehe I don't understand why people are in a rush to install beta SP2. Doesn't make sense, 'lets risk f'ing up our xp install and give it a try'!

Isn't XP SP 2 supposed to be out in May?

For best testing purpose, why doesn't a person just install VM Ware 4 or Virtual PC 2004, install XP in one of those Virtual OS Windows, drop in Service Pack 2.

I mean VM Ware has a trail version that you can use for evaluating those SP2 quirks.

i read that the sp2 is supposed to be like 250mb. i downloaded 2 beta versions 1 of em' is 1mb and the other is 2.92mb. how can this be? i scanned them for viruses and found nothing. i am not sure want to try the sp2 because i don't want a bunch of problems. can it do any serious damage?

i read that the sp2 is supposed to be like 250mb. i downloaded 2 beta versions 1 of em' is 1mb and the other is 2.92mb. how can this be? i scanned them for viruses and found nothing. i am not sure want to try the sp2 because i don't want a bunch of problems. can it do any serious damage?

You probably downloaded the one that starts up and then downloads all the stuff you want from a server. The Network Installation is what you want.

its the beta version thats out now, id looked for it. but then i was thinking beta sucks and i didnt want it. the real finaly SP2 will be out soon so just wait for it, save you a headach

Back