• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Word 2000 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starfire_MK2

What I was asking you about before was a problem in microsoft word.
Every time I open the program OR a new blank document I get the following (IN PART):
Please answer all questions and complete this report in ink. Incomplete applications may have to be returned resulting in some delay in the processing of your claim. Please ensure that this report is signed and mailed to the WCB office serving your workplace area.
☛ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CAN BE RECORDED ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THIS REPORT. Please see the reverse side of this report for telephone and fax numbers.

This is a form I was filling out. The information is not the concern, but rather the fact it has taken over the "blank document" format or what ever it is called. I don't remember right now. As I said I removed the program totally for several hours (yes did a manual shutdown) and then re-installed it, but it reverted to this. Before I can do any work I need to do a delete on the document first. It is not a file name I am opening as far as I can tell. Any help you can find would be great.

Just to make sure it's not a virus or spyware run your Anti-Virus program scan and you spyware program scan.

Also, do you have any firewalls?

Do a search for "normal.dot"and delete it. Then open WORD and it will generate a new blank one. Normal.dot is the template for a new blank document. Somehow it got modified with the text you talked about.

Maybe its that ^

But a word of advice....get Office2003. I have Office 2003 and its by far better than Word2K, which is what I was previously using.

Back