• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbie needs help with cooling a mobile 2600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cpyfx

I am new at overclocking and I have a mobile 2600 coming from newegg and don't know what to get for a cooler. I probably will try to overclock it but not to the extreme of what I read here. I hope to use a global win or the stock fan from my xp1700(pal) until I decide. I would like something not too loud but can cool enough to overclock.
Will my current coolers even work on the mobile?
Thanks

global win which one do you have. that 1700 heatsink is probly all alum. which wont cut it . your going to want a good copper heatsink

thermalright are the best , plus you can pick a quiet fan for it. what board do you have. that will show what type of heatsink you can get, either a clip hookup or a bolt to board setup

to help other's out place your system specs in your sig,

I have the motherboard on order. It's the Shuttle AN35N-Ultra. I don't know how a cooler will attach. The global does have aluminum fins.
What model would you recommend?
I have a Epox 8KHA+ with a xp1700 palamino with 256K cheap pc 2100 ram.

here's my 2 cents: If you dont want the AWEFUL dying cow screeching noise of a Tornado (the high cfm fan that most people mount to their heatsinks) I would recommend getting a YS-Tech 120x120x38mm fan, and a 120-to-80mm adapter. This will allow you to pump 125.5cfm of air onto that heatsink without the death cry of the tornado! I did this with my computer when i was air cooling - - i should prolly tell you tho, if you opt to use the mounting clips (which you still can this way, just place them between the adapter and the fan) you add some uneven pressure to the heatsink; so what i did was i got two "L" brackets, and mounted the fan to my chasis, made a plexiglass side for my case *yes! an entire SIDE!* and cut a breathing hole for the fan. Everyone loved my little jobbie because if u hook up a fan bus to it, you can turn down the fan's speed, so it will be even quieter, but since it is such a big fan, even going slowly you will be pumping a lot of air! Just some ideas for ya ^_^

Well said. Last year I changed my Delta 80mm for a Tornado 80mm. Its unbarable.... It wines and drives you nuts... could not stan it. Put my Delta back on. Now with Hydrocool200EX.... Love it

PS. Sold my Thermaltake SK800 and my Tornado. Warned the buyer about the Tornado but he said" I want good cooling and I can take it"...
Called 2 days later and wanted to sell it back to me.... Said it drove him nuts and his wife was going to leave him if he did not get rid of the Tornado...

Yep !!!! Its that bad..

Back