• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

get the mobile 2600??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nalatif

it's been getting great reviews, it's about $5 more than the 2500...should i get that? it's 104 right now at newegg?? anyone know if i should get this instead of the highly 2500??

They are made from the same dies, I dont see a real reason, I doubt you will see a differnce in OCing ability.

nalatif said:
it's been getting great reviews, it's about $5 more than the 2500...should i get that? it's 104 right now at newegg?? anyone know if i should get this instead of the highly 2500??

I'm getting significantly better OC results with a XP-M2600+ than with either of the XP-M2500's that I tested.

Re: Re: get the mobile 2600??

blkgti said:

I'm getting significantly better OC results with a XP-M2600+ than with either of the XP-M2500's that I tested.

Some people get significantly better OC results with a 2400+ than with the 2500+... your results are just out of the norm.

It doesn't justify the $5

Re: Re: Re: get the mobile 2600??

Hydr0 Styles said:
Some people get significantly better OC results with a 2400+ than with the 2500+... your results are just out of the norm.

I've reported the results of my own testing. If you'd rather parrot what some have asserted, many without ever testing the chips, it's certainly up to you.

It doesn't justify the $5

$5?? I guess I never looked at the price of a Happy Meal as a determining factor.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: get the mobile 2600??

blkgti said:

I've reported the results of my own testing. If you'd rather parrot what some have asserted, many without ever testing the chips, it's certainly up to you.

oops...

Someone got a good OC with a 2400+.
Does that mean the 2400+ is actually better than the 2500+ and 2600+?

No, it means he got a good chip, because they are the exact same core.

Attachments

• 3ghz.gif
    3ghz.gif
    18.6 KB · Views: 222
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: get the mobile 2600??

Hydr0 Styles said:

oops...

Someone got a good OC with a 2400+.
Does that mean the 2400+ is actually better than the 2500+ and 2600+?

No, it means he got a good chip, because they are the exact same core.

I find it strange that you quoted my post, and replied by asking your own question and then answering it. I don't recall saying that one chip designation was better then another. If you'd like to address something that I actually wrote, I'd love to respond.

I just got my mobile 2600+ and I'm at 2.68ghz, 1.85v.
It seems to run a lot cooler than my old barton too.
Would I do it [2600 over 2400] again? Hell yes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: get the mobile 2600??

blkgti said:

I find it strange that you quoted my post, and replied by asking your own question and then answering it. I don't recall saying that one chip designation was better then another. If you'd like to address something that I actually wrote, I'd love to respond.

The original poster was asking if the 2600+ is worth the money.

Your reply was that your 2600+ is overclocking better than the two 2500's you have. This is implying that you recommend he purchases the 2600+ because of better overclockability.

I've shown that this is not the case, you just got a good chip.

;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: get the mobile 2600??

Hydr0 Styles said:

The original poster was asking if the 2600+ is worth the money.

Your reply was that your 2600+ is overclocking better than the two 2500's you have. This is implying that you recommend he purchases the 2600+ because of better overclockability.

I've shown that this is not the case, you just got a good chip.

;)

I think he was just giving the results he has gotten. which is what the poster wanted. And you refute what you think he was implying with a pic of someones results without even stating what kind of coolking is being used or if it is even stable at that speed. Which is something that is not really usefull to the thread starter. Now if you wanted to link to where you got the picture it might be of some use.

As with all chips, the higher the model number, the more likely it will clock high, but this late in the production run, there is barely a difference between the 3 mobile bartons. IMO, a difference of $27 is not worth an extra 50-100 MHz... 2.62GHz is pretty damn good.

I concur,

I have read threads where peeps have bought several 2400+ and have only found one which has clocked to a 'nice' clock speed. At the same time I have read posts where someone has got lucky with a 2400+ and got a 'nice' overclock.

Stepping up to the 2500+ I have witnessed the same scenario, but with more chance of getting a 'nice' chip the first time round.

But i think that ChillPhatCat hits the nail on the head, of ALL the threads I have read abt with 2600+ EVERY ONE except one has got to 2600mhz with average cooling. Now for me being in the UK, I would rather pay a bit xtra and get someone to send me a 2600+ which I will have 95% chance on getting a 'nice' chip rather than getting a 2400+ which has a 50% chance of getting a similar clock speed.

In my case it is worth the xtra money. But their is no doubt abt it for me, the 2600+ as a whole overclock better than their 2400+/2500+ counterparts.

To Hydr0 Styles,

I dont think crimestyles or blkgti comments needed your 'interpretation' they expressed their experiences with the mobile chips they have had which are perfectly valid.

For you to say that the xp2500+ quantively clock higher than the xp2600+ on the basis of a few peeps 'nice' overclocks is unfounded for me. Your comments have proven NOTHING!

mong

Here's a quick way to see if all our Mobile chips are created equal: Test all the 2400 and 2500 cpus 133x15 (the default speed of the 2600+) @ 1.45V and see if they pass or fail P95. If they all pass, then they probably aren't sorting them as particularly as we thought.

timzak said:
Here's a quick way to see if all our Mobile chips are created equal: Test all the 2400 and 2500 cpus 133x15 (the default speed of the 2600+) @ 1.45V and see if they pass or fail P95. If they all pass, then they probably aren't sorting them as particularly as we thought.

Most of them will, but that doesn't mean anything, how high will the 2600+ clock with that 1.45V?

well, i look at the vcores when I chose to order a 2500+ mobile. The 2400+ and 2600+ BOTH on newegg show stock vcores of 1.65 vcore, whereas the 2500+ is showing a stock vcore of 1.45. So, to me, the 2500+ is going to run cooler therefore possibly go higher...

65stang said:
well, i look at the vcores when I chose to order a 2500+ mobile. The 2400+ and 2600+ BOTH on newegg show stock vcores of 1.65 vcore, whereas the 2500+ is showing a stock vcore of 1.45. So, to me, the 2500+ is going to run cooler therefore possibly go higher...

They all run on 1.45V.

65stang said:

Not all the specs on newegg are perfect. I think they all default to 1.45v.

Back