• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tube placement help..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xenocide

im not sure how im going to get the tubes to the back of the case...this design would obviously beat the flow rate with a stick with the 4x90 degree turns..any ideas...id rather not go through the bottom of the case...

waterbox15.jpg

Ouch!!!! , 90deg = 5ft of tube. I would consider going through the bottom of case or just running 2 45 elbows solderd together .... Nice render :)

You could just try using quick-disconnects and some silicone tubing and allowing it to naturally curve, it would use a lot more tubing and be a bit messy though.

BTW, what did you make that model on?

Just not use the 90 degree fittings and have a curve form the bottom to the top, itll be a little longer, but it would work.

thats what i was thinking atfirst but marcello said it would be alot cleaner this way.. i guess ill try and to that

btw, nice grammar andrew :X

what about going thru the "floor"? i assume the pump rad res are in the lower box and your case is sitting on it...right?
if the new box is strong enough to have the case on it im sure it could have 2-4 well placed holes in the top. (if it has a top) then match up the holes and go thru the bottom of the case too.

not easy to setup, teardown or remove.....

hay what about clear pipe like 2" dia running outside with barbs (not 90s) then put some CCtubes to show off?

edit: ahh you stated the floor idea didnt fit you. sorry was distracted by the purdy picture!!

Last edited:
well, the second powersuppy is for the fans inside the external unit, it also makes the pump and fans completely independent of the unit so the water can constantly move, there will also be a dpdt switch in the back of the watercooling unit that will give the fans either 12v or 7v, kinda like the back of the vga sliencer. Also, on the back there will be accouple external molexes for testing fans, cdroms ect...

Xenocide said:
is this better?

It is probably better from a flow standpoint, unless you are doing crazy sh*t inside the case to get the tubes to that point (a kink is worse than a 90° elbow)

Also, I think one of the advantages of an external setup is having as little in-case tubing as possible. This makes it easier to work on the system. If you are running the tubes to the bottom of the case it is possible they will block PCI slots, and make it harder to get to jumpers, etc...Just something to think about...

BTW - did your friend model those fans himself, or are they something I could download? There is alot of detail there, and and I just started using Rhino, so I'm not sure if I could do it.

i *think* he did them himself, he does it for a living lol, and all im cooling in the case is the cpu so it will minimize the tubing your right :)

thanks for the input!

Back