• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Making Boot Floppy's With Windows Xp Cd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sophisticated

ok well i have windows xp pro BUT i need to find out how to make bootable floppy's for windows Home Edition because it's for my momz and i cant do it for here here in San Framcisco because she is North Carolina and im her computer wiz..but anywayz...and she wont be able to do it for her self because she caught a virus that ate up everything so she cant even surf the net no more....so i need to find out how to make bootable floppy's from the windows xp home edition cd...i kno there's a way

You sure her PC doesn't support booting from a CD?

Don't be stingy on the type of disks you buy. Floppies today work maybe 4 times before they are useless, some are useless right out of the box. Get something that'll survive a trip through the mail.

ThePerfectCore said:
Don't be stingy on the type of disks you buy. Floppies today work maybe 4 times before they are useless, some are useless right out of the box. Get something that'll survive a trip through the mail.

Are you sure bacause I installed DOS 6.22 and Win 3.11 on an old 386 using only like 3 or 4 floppies. Each one was formatted and rewriten to like 6 times without a problem.

I mean I installed it like a month ago. The floppies were already like 1 year old though. There not no-name though there made by companys like Imation, 3M, and Maxell. I still like fiddling around with old computers.

Back