• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Possible Watercooling Configuration

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seven

Hey guys. I decided to register here cause a lot of you have great amounts of watercooling experience, so I thought I'd ask you to help me with my new configuration.

Here's my hardware as it is now.

Lian Li PC-70 Case
Abit IC7-Max3
Pentium 4 2.4B
512mb PC2100
Ati 9800Pro 128MB

Here's the watercooling config I was considering.

DangerDen RBX
DangerDen Maze 4 GPU
Thermochill 120.3 Radiator (it'll fit on the top of my lian-li, I've measured it at least 10 times)
Swiftech MCP600 Rev 2 Pump

So my question is, is this ok? I know the Thermochill Radiator might seem a bit overkill, but I may add some pelts, a hotter processor, or maybe the northbridge into the loop later. My friend eXCeSS told me to come here and ask if the pump could handle all of this, and I'm not really sure. I'm a fan of aesthetics, and I want everything to look good in this case. I know the RBX has a crazy pressure drop associated with it, but I will probably buy the accellerator nozzles in order to see what works best for my system. Any suggestions/comments? I probably won't buy the whole thing for another couple weeks at least, so you have some time.

hey fyberwire, nice to see you here too :X you might want to check out the kind of box that marcello is making me even though its external it will keep down your temps

Yea, the pump will be fine I think.

However, if I was going to do my water setup from the start again, I'd do dual loops for sure.

I'd pick up either two 120.1 rads, or a 120.2 and a 120.2 and put them in the top.

Then, get two mag3 pumps, and run dual loops. One for cpu, and one for the gpu and northbridge if you add it.

Also, semicycle has a setup similar to yours, so I'd p m him, or give him a link to this thread or something.

Thanks guys.

This is mainly so I can keep my rig cool in the summer when I use it most. A lot of the time, ambient temperature is in the 90s up in my room, so I need a pretty efficient configuration.

I saw Liquid Cooled's config, and I couldn't help but drool.

Does anybody know what size tubing all of this is going to use? I know the Thermochill has interchangeable barbs, and I think the maze 4 GPU and RBX use 3/8" ID as eXCeSS said, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure 3/8"ID could be used on the entire system, but I dont want to order my stuff and have it be half 3/8"ID and half 1/2"ID.

Any ideas on how to cut the top of my Lian-Li to fit my radiator? I'm not going to use a holesaw because it'd be restrictive.

Here's how it will look once installed.

Lian Li PC-70 Top Panel Metal
Heatkiller 3x120mm Fan Grill (made for thermochill 120.3)
3x120mm Fans (any reccomendations on these?)
Thermochill 120.3

The thermochill comes with an integrated shroud, so it should be alright. I'm more worried about how to cut the top panel to suit my needs. All I need are 20 straignt lines to complete the design, so what tool should I use? I have a dremel and I have some experience cutting steel with it.

Thanks in advance.

1/2" ID will ensure better flowrates throughout the system and make it a lot more effecient. If nothing else, make sure your order 1/2" ID barbs on the waterblocks. If you order 3/8" ID, the barbs will have an actual ID of 1/4", and that'll kill flow rates.

3/8" ID tubing is easier to work with though, and will stretch over barbs designed for 1/2" ID. If you really wanted, you could use 3/8" ID hose and 1/2" ID waterblocks - that should be 3/8" ID throughout the system.

why not use a hole saw?

It would make perfect holes for the fans?

I would go with 1/2" ID throughout the whole system, better flow.

I'd pick up some papst, panaflow or sanyo denki fans of whatever noise/cfm you prefer.

Thanks for your help Sandman.

I'll probably order everything with 1/2" ID barbs when possible.
I dont want to use the hole saw to cut the top because I want the HeatKiller grill to show completely, and no part of the radiator to be obstructed. It'll look more like 3 octagons connected together, instead of 3 circles.

Back