• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will a mobile 2500+ work in an Asus A7V8X-X motherboard???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bill gates

I saw newegg has an Asus A7V8X-X refurbished motherboard for $35.00 and I just want to know if the mobile 2500+ chip will work in that motherboard. And is it a good motherboard for overclocking? Thanks!

i have a via chipset works very well m-xps i have the a7v600 lots of multis to play with,plus 200fsb is great as well.

is that a revision 1 or 2 of the asus? revision 1's dont like 200 fsb for the most part I thought ...

Kenshiro said:
If you plan to overclock, dont get ASUS. They suck at overclocking.

They don't suck, they just are not that great.

Also for the money that he is looking at it for, its a pretty nice MB.

Asus motherboards suck for overclocking??? I don't think so. I have got some very sweet overclocks on asus motherboards. So what motherboard do you suggest as the best overclocker for the mobile amd chips??? I am open to any brand suggestion short of maybe ecs or soyo. Anyway has anyone here actually used this particular Asus motherboard and had good results with a mobile barton? I am willing to spend more money to get something better but I just thought if I could get the motherboard and chip for less than $150 and get a nice overclock than I would be getting one heck of a good deal.

Back