• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

watercooled case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
why?, its just not a good water cooling steup. it has tiny connections and tubing, a poor block design, dont know about the rad, the pump im sure is anemic at best. all in all it sux compared to what you can buy and put together yourself.

continue to read thru the forum to find what is working best for everyone else. For my first kit i got a swiftech h208500. For a first time user if was good because it taught me the basics of water cooling. But personally i would reccomend you build a kit tailored for your case and your own personal needs. Like do you want extreme overclocking abilites or do you want absolute silence?

Keep clocking;)

yeah i plan on overclocking a 2500 mobile barton to like 2500mhz or maybe more but i want to know if that setup is good i mean its just to hold me by till i build a main rig with an amd 64 when they get their act together. i don't really want to spend more than 700 dollars on parts

That costs 240 bucks... Waste of money. If you really want to save money, you can grab a scratch and dent TC-4 for 15 dollars, a VA1300 for 20 dollars (I would say to just go for the Mag 3 ($40), you won't have to upgrade it) and a heater core for 20 dollars. Total cost: around 70 dollars with fittings, tubing, and such included. Then you have 170 bucks to spend on a case.

AngryAlpaca, that is exactly what I would do, using the mag3, if I wanted to go watercooling cheap. It would get him much better performance for much less cost.

wait so what would i need to buy if i assembled it my self
all i know is like the pump, radiator, and waterblock
what else do i need

Thats basically it... even a resevoir isn't necessary - you could use a t-line as it takes up less space. If you use a res it makes the system easier to bleed though (get the air bubbles out when you first fill it). Some people use hose clamps but they aren't necessary if your tubing fits tight over the barbs.

I doubt it. The radiator should be good enough to keep your water temps low. You need tubing, clamps and a shroud. Tubing and clamps can be acquired at Home Depot, and there is a tutorial on the front page of overclockers.com for making a cheap shroud. Oh, a fan too.

No, the water will reach an equilibrium state no matter what the volume in the system (with or without resevoir). The volume of water only changes the speed with which equilibrium is met.

AREITU: A search for quiet fan using the forum search tool would lead you to results on Panaflos L1A's as quiet fans, and it would probably also give you alternatives that are less expensive.

Back