• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can't install WIN XP on SATA drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kryminator

Registered
I have some strange problem with installation of Win XP Pro, which I have never got before. I don't have a floppy drive and I have to use bootable CD for installation. What is strange, installator doesn't see any hard disks (SATA, I didn't try to install it on PATA) and it stops during installation!! I'm crazy about it! I've done everything as usual, considering formatting and using fdisk to make partitions-without a result. I count that using traditional floppy drive could help, but if you had an answer for that problem I would be gratefull! Instead of overclocking I'm wasting my time trying to install windows!!! That's humiliating. :mad: Thanks in advance for your answers!

You're going to need to hook up a floppy and hit the appropriate key at the beginning of XP setup to install those drivers. I believe the key is "F6", but watch the loading screen to be sure.

It'll ask for a floppy, pop it in a select which driver you want to use. Everything else is by the book after that.

Back