• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 Problems with Windows XP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fac_29

XP wont recognise any of my devices, like my Saitek Analogue Rumble Pad, even with the Drivers installed. Anyone know why this might be? It actually recognises the devices when i plug them in but installation always fails. They just show up as "Unknown Device" :(

Checking my Bios i noticed an Option for "USB Device Legacy Support" and this is disabled. Should this be enabled? What is it for? The actually USB 2.0 Ports themselves are enabled thou. Thanks.

No i aint, i've got the Stand Alone USB 2.0 drivers update that Microsoft released(then withdrew after a while...). It'd take me forever to dl SP1 on my connection so i'd rather wait for SP2.
The Drivers and USB2.0 Ports are installed fine, i plug a device in and it recognises it but installation of the device always fails :(

Back