• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do i need to play avi files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use the nemo codec pack... it's old but has worked good for me so far. Downloads should be around the net. Read the warnings when you install... There are two things you will not want to install, bicubic resizer and g400 filter.

I am willing to bet the avi you have has an AC3 audio track. For this you will need an ac3 filter available from http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

Rather than download and install a codec pack you should just get any you need as and when they are required.

A utility called AVIcodec can tell you what codecs almost any media file requires, whether or not you have it and where to get it if you don't.

The player doesn't matter, many players will attempt to automatically retrieve the codec if you are connected to the internet and the codec is recognized and available. The other computer, some how obtained the proper codecs while this one has not.

Download the pack offered here:

www.nimo.everwicked.com

i think i downloaded a wrong codec file and now the computer does not have any sound at all. I even unistalled all the players and reinstalled them hopping the codec will be removed but no luck

how can i fix this?

Back