• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS temps accurate?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hydr0 Styles

I've been noticing that my temps have been going up quite substantially over the past few days.

BIOS now reports that my idle temperature is 45C...

How trusty are the BIOS temps on the Lan Party/Infinity boards?

Just to see I've got an external temp probe on the top of my CPU, as close to the die as i could get it... it reads about 4-8C lower.

Is that evidence enough to say that my BIOS temps are whack?

Mine seem pretty accurate - I do know that the bios itself posts temps slightly higher than MBM. Right now I'm surfin, downloading, and rippin music @ 33 degrees and I load around 36 in-games with 37 fully primed. No problems here. As we all know, these DFI's are WIERD about bioses, though. Maybe you're running an old bios? I'm on the 1/31 here. Maybe you should try one of the betas or possibly a good CMOS reset with the battery out.

I just got a LP NFIIb how do I tell what bios verion Im running.. I know it updated a few times. That little program it uses confuses me.. it looks like it keeps installing a bios version from nov 27 2003 from how I read it... but I may be wrong.

I tried looking for you, the search button isnt working, and its not on the first few* pages of the DFI area.

deception`` said:
Mine seem pretty accurate - I do know that the bios itself posts temps slightly higher than MBM. Right now I'm surfin, downloading, and rippin music @ 33 degrees and I load around 36 in-games with 37 fully primed. No problems here. As we all know, these DFI's are WIERD about bioses, though. Maybe you're running an old bios? I'm on the 1/31 here. Maybe you should try one of the betas or possibly a good CMOS reset with the battery out.

I'm running my mobile 2500+ at 1.8 vcore, and my temps are almost 10C higher than yours on water :( :( :( :( :(

My DFI Lanparty Ultra Rev B board seems to report lower temps compared to my external temp probe placed right next to the core. It seems to report 2 to 3 degrees C less than my external sensor reports under full load. Whenever the computer is idle, the external probe and motherboard/BIOS reports almost identical temps. I have tried two different external monitors and temp probes, and both read slightly higher temps than my Lanparty reports. Since the two different external temp probes report temps that are very close to each other, I tend to believe them over the motherboard / BIOS.

Back