• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

amd 64 939

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorta like all the rumors of the prescott being good or somthing (LOL)...it's piece of horse *****

well, its not even out yet, and Im not even sure everything about them, not to mention BTX ... that with pci express coming, everythings changing again

It also depends on the mobo. First they said that nForce3 will not be PCI locked now they say it will and that it will be available for both Socket 754 as well as 939.

March 31 2004 is when the first Socket 939 chip is due out.
It will be the Athlon 64 FX-53.

It's not looking good (today is March 12, 2004) for Socket 939 3100+ and 3300+.
It very well may be that they will not be announced.

3500+ and 3800+ Socket 939 are still on for May 2004 though.

wow so the 939 chips are comming out SOON!!!!! I AM SOO STOKED.....I think alot of people are gunna be peeved when they find out they gata get a new mobo for the new sockets....sigh....why again did they do this different pin config thing??

i agree it would have helped their product to be more mainstream if they had stuck with one kind of socket for the new 64 chips. just come out with the uber socket to begin with.

so how long was this piece of string?!? :)

This is what I am waiting on before I even think of building a new rig. Prices for me will always be an issue, so we'll see....

they had to sell 100 754 chips at $700 each=$70,000 so they could use that money to develop the 939 they were short on cash.

They should in theory, if AMD's yeilds are good, overclock VERY WELL, they are going to be using the new CG stepping in all S939 chips, which will have some chips running "Default" speed of 2.4GHz.
I am expecting at least 2.5GHz on air from some of the first chips that hit the streets

Last edited:
Back