• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about nf7-s, having considerable trouble OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bobertw

Hi hi i recently built my 1st system in about 5 years with the nf7-s and im having trouble understanding some things in the bios.

I understand it over reads the vcore voltage (default is 1.65) so i set it to 1.75 in the bios , is this correct? With this voltage, i get about 45c low-51c high with the stock amd hsf+ AS5 stock speed 2500+, so i was thinking its a little high.

Also, is the pci/agp lock automatic?

and finally, what do i need to do with the memory timings to OC to 2.2ghz/200fsb? I've tried a couple times to simply bump up the fsb little by little to reach 200 and once i hit 200 i just get black screens when i boot up. Thanks in advance, anyone that replies.

Sorry bout the lag on a reply and welcome to the forums.

I am gonna tell u the things u don't wanna hear as I have the same problems.

Get a different heatsink. The AMD one WILL INSANELY limit your overclock as it doesn't keep the chip cool by any measure. Any stable OC I have had had been at a temp of at least 45C which in my opinion is too high a speed idle. I am even using Artic Silver to try and help but getting no love from this heatsink. My highest stable OC is approx 190Mhz on the stock.

With any voltage increase the heat is on. If u read the OC'ing guides u will see that these chips with the proper cooling can handle at least 1.8v.

The PCI/AGP lock is on.

The memory timings are all dependant on your ram. A little info is gold here and pays great dividens. Currently the concensus is that if u can get them 2-3-2-11 are good timings. 11 for some reason is better than lower on the NF7-S.

Back